1927 Volume 2 Issue 9 Pages 249-257
(1) Tautomeric transformations may take place in these hydroxyazo-compounds.
(2) We may assign A (azo)-form to the neutral solution and R (red)-form to the alkaline.
(3) In general, one band can be shown in the absorption curves, except when the hydroxyl-group takes an ortho-position with regard to the azo-group.
(4) Hydroxyl- and nitro-radicals in para-position with respect to the azo-group are most effective in the absorption curve.
(5) The methyl-group has generally a hyperchromic influence upon the non-methylated compounds.
This article cannot obtain the latest cited-by information.