1958 年 45 巻 12 号 p. 985-990
In the present experiment concerning the action of both γ-aminobutyric acid and substances possessing similar chemical structure upon the hexokinase activity of the brain and the heart muscle, the following conclusions were drawn.
1. γ-aminobutyric acid acceleates the brain-hexokinase activity slightly while it increases the hexokinase activity of the heart muscle quite markedly.
2. γ-Amino-α-hydroxybutyric acid as well as γ-amino-β-hydroxybutyrie acid do not accelerate the hexokinase activity.
3. N-Acetyl-, γ-aminohutyric acid inhibits the hexokinase activity of the brain and the heart muscle quite strikingly.
4. β-Alanine does not accelerate the hexokinase activity in the brain and the heart muscle, but δ-amino-n-valeric acid promotes the hexokinase activity in the heart muscle.
5. n-Butylamine possesses the power to increase the hexokinase activity.
6. It is assumed that the accelerating power of γ-aminobutyric acid on the hexokinase activity is due to the NH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-group.
I gratefully acknowledge the valuable guidance of Prof. D. Jinnai in preparation of this manuscript.