1979 年 11 巻 3 号 p. 23-29
Baseball and soccer are more popular in Shizuoka than other sports. We can not think, however, that Oya district in Shizuoka City is also an environment suitable for fixating Kendo as a main sports of a junior sports club, though the club planted its root successfully there.
This paper attempted to investigate the structure and function of the club, and make its fixating process clearer in terms of a sociological analysis.
1. Parents have a strong desire for Kendo and want their children to become patient and courteous by exercising it.
2. The club has an excellent coach and his assistant as well as a nice training place.
3. The club is carried out successfully by mutual cooperation among parents.
4. Much attention is paid to the safe management of the club.
5. There is mutual understanding and contact between parents and children.