1995 年 27 巻 3 号 p. 12-22
This article aims at analyzing the view of swords in the traditional books of Kenjutsu in the Edo period. The view of swords in the traditional books of Kenjutsu reffers chiefly to myth. From the mythological image may begathered. The purpose of this paper, based on the standpoint of structuralism, is to clarify the constitutive position of the mythological image in the view of swords as a whole in the traditional books of Kenjutsu.
Several new findings might be summarized as follows:
1. A (system), connected with the Three Sacred Regalia, has carried weight with the view of swords of Kenj utsu.
2. The former-mentioned (system) has risen above its own level (i. e. latent consciousness level·common understanding level·real activities level) and forged newly transcendental (sysem).
3. This mechanism can be explained that the (structure) of the forme (system), connected with the Three Sacred. Regalia, is a mold of the latter (system).
4. The mythological image tied two (systems) together.
5. Being accompanied by a major assumption of the formation of a new (system), the mythological image had (inductive property).