1995 年 27 巻 3 号 p. 30-37
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between defensive methods and fundamental physical fitness of Judo players. Thirty-six physical fitness measures were administered to ninety-one Judo players. At the same time, throwing techniques and defensive methods which were executed by them at eighty-four contests were recorded. Difference of the means of physical fitness measures by the defensive methods was investigated with analysis of variance. And then, in order to investigate comprehensive correlation between defensive methods and physical fitness, multiple discriminate analysis was applied to the correlation matrix which was calculated with physical fitness measures and defensive methods. The following results were obtained:
1) Significant correlation between defensive methods and fundamental physical fitness was found in nine throwing techniques and twenty-eight physical fitness measures.
2) The defensive methods by using body weight frequently were used in opposition to the ASHIWAZA (foot techniques)such as Deashi-barai, Okuriashi-barai, Ouchi-gari and Kouchi-gari.
3) The players who were excellent in power and agility, frequently used the defensive methods by a counter attack.
4) Significant correlation between defensive methods and morphological feature was not found in lengthwise growth, but in broadwise growth and amount growth.
5) There were significant correlations between defensive methods and functional features in dynamic strength, static strength and power.