Article ID: CJ-66-0169
On behalf of the Circulation Journal, I am pleased to report the most frequently quoted CJ papers in 2018 by category that substantially contributed to the 2018 Impact Factor of the Journal.
The following papers, published in 2016–2017, were among the most frequently quoted papers in 2018 by category, thereby substantially contributing to the 2018 Impact Factor of the Journal (number in the parenthesis denotes the number of quotation in 2016–2017).
1. (12) Yamashita Y, Uozumi R, Hamatani Y, Esato M, Chun YH, Tsuji H, et al. Current status and outcomes of direct oral anticoagulant use in real-world atrial fibrillation patients: Fushimi AF registry. Circ J 2017; 81: 1278–1285.
(12) Heeger CH, Wissner E, Knöll M, Knoop B, Reissmann B, Mathew S, et al. Three-year clinical outcome after 2nd-generation cryoballoon-based pulmonary vein isolation for the treatment of paroxysmal and persistent atrial fibrillation: A 2-center experience. Circ J 2017; 81: 974–980.
3. (11) Tanaka N, Inoue K, Tanaka K, Toyoshima Y, Oka T, Okada M, et al. Automated ablation annotation algorithm reduces re-conduction of isolated pulmonary vein and improves outcome after catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. Circ J 2017; 81: 1596–1602.
4. (10) Suzuki S, Otsuka T, Sagara K, Semba H, Kano H, Matsuno S, et al. Nine-year trend of anticoagulation use, thromboembolic events, and major bleeding in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation: Shinken database analysis. Circ J 2016; 80: 639–649.
5. (8) Yamashita T, Koretsune Y, Yang YJ, Chen SA, Chung N, Shimada YJ, et al. Edoxaban vs. warfarin in east asian patients with atrial fibrillation: An ENGAGE AF-TIMI 48 subanalysis. Circ J 2016; 80: 860–869.
6. (7) Okamura H, McLeod CJ, DeSimone CV, Webster TL, Bonnichsen CR, Grogan M, et al. Right parasternal lead placement increases eligibility for subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator therapy in adults with congenital heart disease. Circ J 2016; 80: 1328–1335.
(7) Kokubo Y, Watanabe M, Higashiyama A, Nakao YM, Kusano K, Miyamoto Y. Development of a basic risk score for incident atrial fibrillation in a Japanese general population: The Suita study. Circ J 2017; 81: 1580–1588.
(7) Kawasoe S, Kubozono T, Yoshifuku S, Ojima S, Oketani N, Miyata M, et al. Uric acid level and prevalence of atrial fibrillation in a Japanese general population of 285,882. Circ J 2016; 80: 2453–2459.
9. (6) Miyazaki S, Kuroi A, Hachiya H, Nakamura H, Taniguchi H, Ichihara N, et al. Early recurrence after pulmonary vein isolation of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation with different ablation technologies: Prospective comparison of radiofrequency vs. second-generation cryoballoon ablation. Circ J 2016; 80: 346–353.
(6) Sambola A, Mutuberria M, del Blanco BG, Alonso A, Barrabes JA, Alfonso F, et al. Effects of triple therapy in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention regarding thromboembolic risk stratification. Circ J 2016; 80: 354–362.
(6) Masuda M, Nakatani D, Hikoso S, Suna S, Usami M, Matsumoto S, et al. Clinical impact of ventricular tachycardia and/or fibrillation during the acute phase of acute myocardial infarction on in-hospital and 5-year mortality rates in the percutaneous coronary intervention era. Circ J 2016; 80: 1539–1547.
(6) Kawabata M, Goya M, Sasaki T, Maeda S, Shirai Y, Nishimura T, et al. Left atrial appendage thrombi formation in Japanese non-valvular atrial fibrillation patients during anticoagulation therapy: Warfarin vs. direct oral anticoagulants. Circ J 2017; 81: 645–651.
13. (5) Conte G, de Asmundis C, Sieira J, Ciconte G, Di Giovanni G, Chierchia GB, et al. Prevalence and clinical impact of early repolarization pattern and QRS-fragmentation in high-risk patients with Brugada syndrome. Circ J 2016; 80: 2109–2116.
(5) Perrotta L, Konstantinou A, Bordignon S, Fuernkranz A, Dugo D, Chun KRJ, et al. What is the acute antral lesion size after pulmonary vein isolation using different balloon ablation technologies? Circ J 2017; 81: 172–179.
1. (8) Yazaki K, Otsuka M, Kataoka S, Kahata M, Kumagai A, Inoue K, et al. Applicability of 3-dimensional quantitative coronary angiography-derived computed fractional flow reserve for intermediate coronary stenosis. Circ J 2017; 81: 988–992.
2. (7) Aoki J, Kozuma K, Awata M, Nanasato M, Shiode N, Tanabe K, et al. Three-year clinical outcomes of everolimus-eluting stents from the post-marketing surveillance study of cobalt-chromium everolimus-eluting stent (XIENCE V/PROMUS) in Japan. Circ J 2016; 80: 906–912.
3. (6) Sotomi Y, Onuma Y, Dijkstra J, Eggermont J, Liu SN, Tenekecioglu E, et al. Impact of implantation technique and plaque morphology on strut embedment and scaffold expansion of polylactide bioresorbable scaffold: Insights from ABSORB Japan trial. Circ J 2016; 80: 2317–2326.
(6) Wada H, Dohi T, Miyauchi K, Doi S, Naito R, Konishi H, et al. Independent and combined effects of serum albumin and C-reactive protein on long-term outcomes of patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention. Circ J 2017; 81: 1293–1300.
5. (5) Dai K, Matsuoka H, Kawakami H, Sato T, Watanabe K, Nakama Y, et al. Comparison of chronic angioscopic findings of bare metal stents, 1st-generation drug-eluting stents and 2nd-generation drug-eluting stents: Multicenter study of intra-coronary angioscopy after stent (MICASA). Circ J 2016; 80: 1916–1921.
6. (4) Ueda Y, Hiro T, Hirayama A, Komatsu S, Matsuoka H, Takayama T, et al. Effect of ezetimibe on stabilization and regression of intracoronary plaque: The ZIPANGU study. Circ J 2017; 81: 1611–1619.
1. (8) Chang HW, Jeong DS, Cho YH, Sung K, Kim WS, Lee YT, et al. Tricuspid valve replacement vs. repair in severe tricuspid regurgitation. Circ J 2017; 81: 330–338.
2. (7) Ono M, Sawa Y, Nakatani T, Tominaga R, Matsui Y, Yamazaki K, et al. Japanese multicenter outcomes with the HeartMate II left ventricular assist device in patients with small body surface area. Circ J 2016; 80: 1931–1936.
(7) Kinoshita T, Naito S, Suzuki T, Asai T. Valve phenotype and risk factors of aortic dilatation after aortic valve replacement in Japanese patients with bicuspid aortic valve. Circ J 2016; 80: 1356–1361.
4. (6) Gatti G, Perrotti A, Reichart D, Maschietto L, Onorati F, Chocron S, et al. Glycated hemoglobin and risk of sternal wound infection after isolated coronary surgery. Circ J 2017; 81: 36–43.
5. (5) Itoh S, Kimura N, Adachi H, Yamaguchi A. Is bilateral internal mammary arterial grafting beneficial for patients aged 75 years or older? Circ J 2016; 80: 1756–1763.
1. (7) Hayashi T, Yamada S, Iwano H, Nakabachi M, Sakakibara M, Okada K, et al. Left ventricular global strain for estimating relaxation and filling pressure: A multicenter study. Circ J 2016; 80: 1163–1170.
(7) Miura M, Sugimura K, Sakata Y, Miyata S, Tadaki S, Yamauchi T, et al. Prognostic impact of loop diuretics in patients with chronic heart failure: Effects of addition of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system inhibitors and beta-blockers. Circ J 2016; 80: 1396–1403.
3. (6) Suzuki H, Matsumoto Y, Ota H, Sugimura K, Takahashi J, Ito K, et al. Hippocampal blood flow abnormality associated with depressive symptoms and cognitive impairment in patients with chronic heart failure. Circ J 2016; 80: 1773–1780.
(6) Kusaka H, Sugiyama S, Yamamoto E, Akiyama E, Matsuzawa Y, Hirata Y, et al. Low-normal serum sodium and heart failure-related events in patients with heart failure with preserved left ventricular ejection fraction. Circ J 2016; 80: 411–417.
(6) Harada E, Mizuno Y, Kugimiya F, Shono M, Maeda H, Yano N, et al. B-type natriuretic peptide in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Circ J 2017; 81: 1006–1013.
(6) Takabayashi K, Ikuta A, Okazaki Y, Ogami M, Iwatsu K, Matsumura K, et al. Clinical characteristics and social frailty of super-elderly patients with heart failure: The Kitakawachi clinical background and outcome of heart failure registry. Circ J 2017; 81: 69–76.
7. (5) Park SK, Ryoo JH, Oh CM, Choi JM, Kang JG, Lee JH, et al. Effect of overweight and obesity (defined by asian-specific cutoff criteria) on left ventricular diastolic function and structure in a general Korean population. Circ J 2016; 80: 2489–2495.
8. (4) Kanno Y, Yoshihisa A, Watanabe S, Takiguchi M, Yokokawa T, Sato A, et al. Prognostic significance of insomnia in heart failure. Circ J 2016; 80: 1571–1577.
(4) Komori T, Eguchi K, Saito T, Hoshide S, Kario K. Riser pattern is a novel predictor of adverse events in heart failure patients with preserved ejection fraction. Circ J 2017; 81: 220–226.
(4) Oda S, Utsunomiya D, Nakaura T, Yuki H, Kidoh M, Morita K, et al. Identification and assessment of cardiac amyloidosis by myocardial strain analysis of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. Circ J 2017; 81: 1014–1021.
(4) Han JJ, Sooppan R, Johnson AP, Chen CW, Gaffey AC, Phillips EC, et al. Higher body mass index increases risk of HeartMate II pump thrombosis but does not adversely affect long-term survival. Circ J 2017; 81: 213–219.
(4) Yamaguchi T, Yoshikawa T, Isogai T, Miyamoto T, Maekawa Y, Ueda T, et al. Predictive value of QRS duration at admission for in-hospital clinical outcome of takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Circ J 2017; 81: 62–68.
(4) Tanimura M, Dohi K, Fujimoto N, Moriwaki K, Omori T, Sato Y, et al. Effect of anemia on cardiovascular hemodynamics, therapeutic strategy and clinical outcomes in patients with heart failure and hemodynamic congestion. Circ J 2017; 81: 1670–1677.
1. (12) Maejima N, Hibi K, Saka K, Akiyama E, Konishi M, Endo M, et al. Relationship between thickness of calcium on optical coherence tomography and crack formation after balloon dilatation in calcified plaque requiring rotational atherectomy. Circ J 2016; 80: 1413–1419.
2. (5) Kockova R, Kacer P, Pirk J, Maly J, Sukupova L, Sikula V, et al. Native T1 relaxation time and extracellular volume fraction as accurate markers of diffuse myocardial fibrosis in heart valve disease: Comparison with targeted left ventricular myocardial biopsy. Circ J 2016; 80: 1202–1209.
(5) Makita A, Matsumoto N, Suzuki Y, Hori Y, Kuronuma K, Yoda S, et al. Clinical feasibility of simultaneous acquisition rest Tc-99 m/stress Tl-201 dual-isotope myocardial perfusion single-photon emission computed tomography with semiconductor camera. Circ J 2016; 80: 689–695.
1. (13) Kim JH, Chae SC, Oh DJ, Kim HS, Kim YJ, Ahn Y, et al. Multicenter cohort study of acute myocardial infarction in Korea: Interim analysis of the Korea acute myocardial infarction registry-national institutes of health registry. Circ J 2016; 80: 1427–1436.
2. (11) Cortez-Dias N, Costa MC, Carrilho-Ferreira P, Silva D, Jorge C, Calisto C, et al. Circulating miR-122-5p/miR-133b ratio is a specific early prognostic biomarker in acute myocardial infarction. Circ J 2016; 80: 2183–2191.
(11) Fujisue K, Sugamura K, Kurokawa H, Matsubara J, Ishii M, Izumiya Y, et al. Colchicine improves survival, left ventricular remodeling, and chronic cardiac function after acute myocardial infarction. Circ J 2017; 81: 1174–1182.
4. (9) Kang SH, Choi EK, Han KD, Lee SR, Lim WH, Cha MJ, et al. Risk of ischemic stroke in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation not receiving oral anticoagulants: Korean nationwide population-based study. Circ J 2017; 81: 1158–1164.
5. (8) Kawakami S, Tahara Y, Noguchi T, Yagi N, Kataoka Y, Asaumi Y, et al. Time to reperfusion in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients with vs. without pre-hospital mobile telemedicine 12-lead electrocardiogram transmission. Circ J 2016; 80: 1624–1633.
6. (6) De Rosa R, Vasa-Nicotera M, Leistner DM, Reis SM, Thome CE, Boeckel JN, et al. Coronary atherosclerotic plaque characteristics and cardiovascular risk factors: Insights from an optical coherence tomography study. Circ J 2017; 81: 1165–1173.
(6) Cui Y, Hao K, Takahashi J, Miyata S, Shindo T, Nishimiya K, et al. Age-specific trends in the incidence and in-hospital mortality of acute myocardial infarction over 30 years in Japan: Report from the Miyagi AMI registry study. Circ J 2017; 81: 520–528.
(6) Ikemura N, Sawano M, Shiraishi Y, Ueda I, Miyata H, Numasawa Y, et al. Barriers associated with door-to-balloon delay in contemporary Japanese practice. Circ J 2017; 81: 815–822.
9. (5) Niki T, Wakatsuki T, Yamaguchi K, Taketani Y, Oeduka H, Kusunose K, et al. Effects of the addition of eicosapentaenoic acid to strong statin therapy on inflammatory cytokines and coronary plaque components assessed by integrated backscatter intravascular ultrasound. Circ J 2016; 80: 450–460.
(5) Matsushita K, Hibi K, Komura N, Akiyama E, Maejima N, Iwahashi N, et al. Effects of 4 statins on regression of coronary plaque in acute coronary syndrome. Circ J 2016; 80: 1634–1643.
(5) Wada H, Dohi T, Miyauchi K, Shitara J, Endo H, Doi S, et al. Preprocedural high-sensitivity C-reactive protein predicts long-term outcome of percutaneous coronary intervention. Circ J 2017; 81: 90–95.
(5) Jin XJ, Lim HS, Tahk SJ, Yang HM, Yoon MH, Choi SY, et al. Impact of age on the functional significance of intermediate epicardial artery disease. Circ J 2016; 80: 1583–1589.
13. (4) Lanza GA, Careri G, Stazi A, Villano A, De Vita A, Aurigemma C, et al. Clinical spectrum and outcome of patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome and no obstructive coronary atherosclerosis. Circ J 2016; 80: 1600–1606.
(4) Petretta M, Acampa W, Daniele S, Zampella E, Assante R, Nappi C, et al. Long-term survival benefit of coronary revascularization in patients undergoing stress myocardial perfusion imaging. Circ J 2016; 80: 485–493.
1. (8) Girardey M, Jesel L, Campia U, Messas N, Hess S, Imperiale A, et al. Impact of malignancies in the early and late time course of takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Circ J 2016; 80: 2192–2198. (Myocardial Disease)
(8) de Gregorio C, Dattilo G, Casale M, Terrizzi A, Donato R, Di Bella G. Left atrial morphology, size and function in patients with transthyretin cardiac amyloidosis and primary hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: Comparative strain imaging study. Circ J 2016; 80: 1830–1837. (Myocardial Disease)
3. (6) Di Bella G, Minutoli F, Piaggi P, Casale M, Mazzeo A, Zito C, et al. Quantitative comparison between amyloid deposition detected by Tc-99 m-diphosphonate imaging and myocardial deformation evaluated by strain echocardiography in transthyretin-related cardiac amyloidosis. Circ J 2016; 80: 1998–2003. (Myocardial Disease)
(6) Hen Y, Iguchi N, Utanohara Y, Takada K, Machida H, Takara A, et al. Extent of late gadolinium enhancement on cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in Japanese hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients. Circ J 2016; 80: 950–957. (Myocardial Disease)
5. (5) Magri D, Re F, Limongelli G, Agostoni P, Zachara E, Correale M, et al. Heart failure progression in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: Possible insights from cardiopulmonary exercise testing. Circ J 2016; 80: 2204–2211. (Myocardial Disease)
6. (4) Kato K, Kitahara H, Fujimoto Y, Sakai Y, Ishibashi I, Himi T, et al. Prevalence and clinical features of focal takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Circ J 2016; 80: 1824–1829. (Myocardial Disease)
1. (6) Tanaka K, Tanaka H, Kamiya C, Katsuragi S, Sawada M, Tsuritani M, et al. Beta-blockers and fetal growth restriction in pregnant women with cardiovascular disease. Circ J 2016; 80: 2221–2226.
(6) Matsuura H, Ichida F, Saji T, Ogawa S, Waki K, Kaneko M, et al. Clinical features of acute and fulminant myocarditis in children-2nd nationwide survey by Japanese society of pediatric cardiology and cardiac surgery. Circ J 2016; 80: 2362–2368.
(6) Okuma Y, Suda K, Nakaoka H, Katsube Y, Mitani Y, Yoshikane Y, et al. Serum tenascin-C as a novel predictor for risk of coronary artery lesion and resistance to intravenous immunoglobulin in Kawasaki disease: A multicenter retrospective study. Circ J 2016; 80: 2376–2381.
4. (4) Motoki N, Akazawa Y, Yamazaki S, Hachiya A, Motoki H, Matsuzaki S, et al. Prognostic significance of QT interval dispersion in the response to intravenous immunoglobulin therapy in Kawasaki disease. Circ J 2017; 81: 537–542.
1. (10) Tomita K, Obara H, Sekimoto Y, Matsubara K, Watada S, Fujimura N, et al. Evolution of computed tomographic characteristics of spontaneous isolated superior mesenteric artery dissection during conservative management. Circ J 2016; 80: 1452–1459. (Peripheral Vascular Disease)
2. (7) Sato H, Ota H, Sugimura K, Aoki T, Tatebe S, Miura M, et al. Balloon pulmonary angioplasty improves biventricular functions and pulmonary flow in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circ J 2016; 80: 1470–1477. (Pulmonary Circulation)
3. (6) Tatebe S, Sugimura K, Aoki T, Miura M, Nochioka K, Yaoita N, et al. Multiple beneficial effects of balloon pulmonary angioplasty in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circ J 2016; 80: 980–988. (Pulmonary Circulation)
4. (5) Aoki T, Sugimura K, Nochioka K, Miura M, Tatebe S, Yamamoto S, et al. Effects of balloon pulmonary angioplasty on oxygenation in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension: Importance of intrapulmonary shunt. Circ J 2016; 80: 2227–2234. (Pulmonary Circulation)
(5) Hoshina K, Yamamoto K, Miyata T, Watanabe T. Outcomes of critical limb ischemia in hemodialysis patients after distal bypass surgery: Poor limb prognosis with stage 4 wound, ischemia, and foot infection (WIfI). Circ J 2016; 80: 2382–2387. (Peripheral Vascular Disease)
6. (4) Darocha S, Pietura R, Pietrasik A, Norwa J, Dobosiewicz A, Pilka M, et al. Improvement in quality of life and hemodynamics in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension treated with balloon pulmonary angioplasty. Circ J 2017; 81: 552–557. (Pulmonary Circulation)
1. (13) Ivey MJ, Tallquist MD. Defining the cardiac fibroblast. Circ J 2016; 80: 2269–2276. (Review)
(13) Lazzeroni D, Rimoldi O, Camici PG. From left ventricular hypertrophy to dysfunction and failure. Circ J 2016; 80: 555–564. (Review)
(13) Linton MF, Babaev VR, Huang JS, Linton EF, Tao H, Yancey PG. Macrophage apoptosis and efferocytosis in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. Circ J 2016; 80: 2259–2268. (Review)
4. (12) Beltrame JF, Crea F, Kaski JC, Ogawa H, Ong P, Sechtem U, et al. The who, what, why, when, how and where of vasospastic angina. Circ J 2016; 80: 289–298. (Review)
5. (11) Hamburg NM, Creager MA. Pathophysiology of intermittent claudication in peripheral artery disease. Circ J 2017; 81: 281–289. (Review)
(11) Lau WB, Ohashi K, Wang YJ, Ogawa H, Murohara T, Ma XL, et al. Role of adipokines in cardiovascular disease. Circ J 2017; 81: 920–928. (Review)
7. (10) Vitale C, Rosano GMC, Kaski JC. Role of coronary microvascular dysfunction in takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Circ J 2016; 80: 299–305. (Review)
(10) Chen C, Wei J, AlBadri A, Zarrini P, Merz CNB. Coronary microvascular dysfunction: Epidemiology, pathogenesis, prognosis, diagnosis, risk factors and therapy. Circ J 2017; 81: 3–11. (Review)
9. (9) Lieve KV, van der Werf C, Wilde AA. Catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia. Circ J 2016; 80: 1285–1291. (Review)
10. (8) Shimizu T, Liao JK. Rho kinases and cardiac remodeling. Circ J 2016; 80: 1491–1498. (Review)
(8) Kimura G. Diuretic action of sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitors and its importance in the management of heart failure. Circ J 2016; 80: 2277–2281. (Review)
(8) Curcio A, Santarpia G, Indolfi C. The Brugada syndrome: From gene to therapy. Circ J 2017; 81: 290–297. (Review)
13. (7) Ikeda S, Sadoshima J. Regulation of myocardial cell growth and death by the hippo pathway. Circ J 2016; 80: 1511–1519. (Review)
(7) Katusic ZS, Austin SA. Neurovascular protective function of endothelial nitric oxide: Recent advances. Circ J 2016; 80: 1499–1503. (Review)
(7) Sun YP, Homma S. Patent foramen ovale and stroke. Circ J 2016; 80: 1665–1673. (Review)
(7) Vanhoutte PM. Regenerated endothelium and its senescent response to aggregating platelets. Circ J 2016; 80: 783–790. (Review)
(7) Kang J, Han JK, Yang HM, Park KW, Kang HJ, Koo BK, et al. Bioresorbable vascular scaffolds: Are we facing a time of crisis or one of breakthrough? Circ J 2017; 81: 1065–1074. (Review)
1. (10) Tei CW, Imamura T, Kinugawa K, Inoue T, Masuyama T, Inoue H, et al. Waon therapy for managing chronic heart failure: Results from a multicenter prospective randomized WAON-CHF study. Circ J 2016; 80: 827–834. (LBCT)
2. (9) Kario K, Tomitani N, Kanegae H, Ishii H, Uchiyama K, Yamagiwa K, et al. Comparative effects of an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB)/diuretic vs. ARB/calcium-channel blocker combination on uncontrolled nocturnal hypertension evaluated by information and communication technology-based nocturnal home blood pressure monitorin. Circ J 2017; 81: 948–957. (LBCT)
3. (8) Ohyama K, Matsumoto Y, Nishimiya K, Hao K, Tsuburaya R, Ota H, et al. Increased coronary perivascular adipose tissue volume in patients with vasospastic angina. Circ J 2016; 80: 1653–1656. (Rapid)
4. (6) Hayashida K, Yasuda S, Matsumoto T, Amaki M, Mizuno S, Tobaru T, et al. AVJ-514 trial: Baseline characteristics and 30-day outcomes following MitraClip (R) treatment in a Japanese cohort. Circ J 2017; 81: 1116–1122. (LBCT)
5. (5) Kodani E, Atarashi H, Inoue H, Okumura K, Yamashita T, Origasa H. Beneficial effect of non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: Results of the J-RHYTHM registry 2. Circ J 2016; 80: 843–851. (LBCS)
(5) Saji T, Myoishi M, Sugimura K, Tahara N, Takeda Y, Fukuda K, et al. Efficacy and safety of inhaled iloprost in Japanese patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: Insights from the IBUKI and AIR studies. Circ J 2016; 80: 835–842. (LBCT)
7. (4) Sato N, Ajioka M, Yamada T, Kato M, Myoishi M, Yamada T, et al. A randomized controlled study of finerenone vs. eplerenone in Japanese patients with worsening chronic heart failure and diabetes and/or chronic kidney disease. Circ J 2016; 80: 1113–1122. (LBCT)
1. (19) Kaku K, Lee J, Mattheus M, Kaspers S, George J, Woerle HJ. Empagliflozin and cardiovascular outcomes in asian patients with type 2 diabetes and established cardiovascular disease: Results from EMPA-REG OUTCOME (R). Circ J 2017; 81: 227–234. (Preventive Medicine)
2. (14) Teramoto T, Kobayashi M, Tasaki H, Yagyu H, Higashikata T, Takagi Y, et al. Efficacy and safety of alirocumab in Japanese patients with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia or at high cardiovascular risk with hypercholesterolemia not adequately controlled with statins: ODYSSEY JAPAN randomized controlled trial. Circ J 2016; 80: 1980–1987. (Metabolic Disorder)
3. (11) Kario K, Bhatt DL, Kandzari DE, Brar S, Flack JM, Gilbert C, et al. Impact of renal denervation on patients with obstructive sleep apnea and resistant hypertension: Insights from the SYMPLICITY HTN-3 trial. Circ J 2016; 80: 1404–1412. (Hypertension and Circulatory Control)
4. (10) Tada H, Kawashiri M, Yoshida T, Teramoto R, Nohara A, Konno T, et al. Lipoprotein(a) in familial hypercholesterolemia with proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) gain-of-function mutations. Circ J 2016; 80: 512–518. (Metabolic Disorder)
(10) Hara F, Tatebe J, Watanabe I, Yamazaki J, Ikeda T, Morita T. Molecular hydrogen alleviates cellular senescence in endothelial cells. Circ J 2016; 80: 2037–2046. (Vascular Biology and Vascular Medicine)
6. (9) Yasuda S, Nakao K, Nishimura K, Miyamoto Y, Sumita Y, Shishido T, et al. The current status of cardiovascular medicine in Japan: Analysis of a large number of health records from a nationwide claim- based database, JROAD-DPC. Circ J 2016; 80: 2327–2335. (Epidemiology)
7. (8) Takae K, Nagata M, Hata J, Mukai N, Hirakawa Y, Yoshida D, et al. Serum uric acid as a risk factor for chronic kidney disease in a Japanese community: The Hisayama study. Circ J 2016; 80: 1857–1862. (Renal Disease)
8. (7) Ichibori Y, Mizote I, Maeda K, Onishi T, Ohtani T, Yamaguchi O, et al. Clinical outcomes and bioprosthetic valve function after transcatheter aortic valve implantation under dual antiplatelet therapy vs. aspirin alone. Circ J 2017; 81: 397–404. (Valvular Heart Disease)
(7) Kusunose K, Sato M, Yamada H, Saijo Y, Bando M, Hirata Y, et al. Prognostic implications of non-invasive vascular function tests in high-risk atherosclerosis patients. Circ J 2016; 80: 1034–1040. (Vascular Biology and Vascular Medicine)
(7) Hayashida R, Kondo K, Morita S, Unno K, Shintani S, Shimizu Y, et al. Diallyl trisulfide augments ischemia-induced angiogenesis via an endothelial nitric oxide synthase-dependent mechanism. Circ J 2017; 81: 870–878. (Vascular Biology and Vascular Medicine)
(7) Takashima N, Arima H, Kita Y, Fujii T, Miyamatsu N, Komori M, et al. Incidence, management and short-term outcome of stroke in a general population of 1.4 million Japanese: Shiga stroke registry. Circ J 2017; 81: 1636–1646. (Epidemiology)
12. (6) Funada A, Goto Y, Maeda T, Teramoto R, Hayashi K, Yamagishi M. Improved survival with favorable neurological outcome in elderly individuals with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Japan: A nationwide observational cohort study. Circ J 2016; 80: 1153–1162. (Critical Care)
(6) Doi Y, Chikamori T, Hagiwara N, Hamada M, Ichida F, Kawai H, et al. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (JCS 2012): Digest version. Circ J 2016; 80: 753–774. (Guideline)
(6) Fukushima N, Ono M, Saiki Y, Sawa Y, Nunoda S, Isobe M. Registry report on heart transplantation in Japan (June 2016). Circ J 2017; 81: 298–303. (Report of Heart Transplantation in Japan)
The Editorial Team looks forward to receiving manuscripts with high scientific impact from all over the world.