1985 Volume 32 Pages 29-41
With the assistance of more than three hundred students, the researchers, Tomohiro Akiyama, Shinsei Manabe and Tetsuro Hatano, carried out a survey of visual display in the Big Four shopping quarters of Tokyo last October.
The first purpose of our survey was to know the existing state of visual displays with their high-technological systems in the city, and the second purpose was to know the public reaction to the displays.
We made a thorough investigation on their scale, style, contents etc. of displays in the Big Four shopping quarters.
The following aspects were studied in the survey:
1. the location of the system
2. the shape, number, type, sound, interactivity etc. of the system
3. the original software of the display
4. the purpose of the display
5. the contents of the display
6. the public reaction to the display
We put the findings into the form of diagrams.