1964 年 33 巻 3 号 p. 189-191
The present report describes the comparison of ophthalmic symptoms of lprosy observed in 3 leprosaria in Japan (notrth, middle and south). Ophthalmic symptoms of leprosy in the north leprosarium were more severe than those in the south leprosarium. Furthermore, in the case of the leprosy patients born in the same district, those who lived in the north leprosarium were more severe than those in the south leprosarium. Details were as follow:
1. Comparison of the depilation of eyebrow of L. type 82% in the north, 65% in the middle 56% in the south
2. Comparison of the Uveitis of L. type 74% in the north, 66% in the middle 47% in the south
3. Comparison of the secondary cataract of L. type 23% in the north, 20% in the middle 11% in the south
4. Comparison of Opacit_??_.s Cornea 23% in the north, 19% in the middle 13% in the south
5. Comparison of Lagophthalmus 47% in the north, 38% in the middle 25% in the sonth
6. Percentage of Lagophthalmus of L. type was higher than that of tuberculoid type.