1955 年 1955 巻 96 号 p. 17-24
The 1st Mitsubishi Experimental Tank was built in 1908 at Akunoura, Nagasaki by Denny Brothers Co., England, This tank was closed in 1943 and a new one was built at Urakami, Nagasaki. The new tank started its work from Jan., 1944. But this was severely destructed by the Atomic Bomb on 9. Aug., 1945, just before its completion. After the war, we continued enthusiastic endeavours for the restoration of the tank. And last autumn, this new experimental tank was completed. The tank is 285m long, on which 7m paraffin modelship and 500mm dia. model propeller are used as standard size ones, At one end of the tank, 30HP-wave maker is installed which can produce regular waves, max. 8m long 40cm high. The towing carriage is moved by four 25HP-motors and regulated by electronic automatic speed regulator, The speed is preset before start and after acceleration, preset constant speed is automatically kept within ± 0.2% variation, max. towing speed is 9m/s.
All facilities including carriages, dynamometers, model shaping machine, etc. are designed and manufactured by us. On 15.-16. Oct. last year, the Japanese towing tank conference was held at this tank commemorating its completion. Hereunder, the author wishes to give some details of this new tank.