1960 年 73 巻 863 号 p. 191-194
1. IAA and PAA added as growth substances in culture medium have respectively almost the same effect as the standard medium on the morphological differentiation of gametophyte of a fern, Dryopteris erythrosora.
2. No diffusible auxin is detected in all stages of gametophyte development examined.
3. Ether extractable auxin is detected only in later stages of gametophyte development when the meristematic region acts vigorously. In other stages, from spore to young gametophyte, ether extractable auxin is not detectable.
4. By the chromatographic analysis of bound auxin it is revealed that in the one-dimensional growth bound auxin is present as IAA and three growth promoting substances (Y1, Y2, Y3) and in the two-dimensional growth as IAA, two growth promoting substances (Y1, Y2) and one growth inhibiting substance (Y3').
5. From these results it may be concluded that changes of bound auxin are correlated solely to the two-dimensional differentiation.