1962 年 75 巻 883 号 p. 37-42
1. There is no difference between the epidermis of Allium cepa bulb and that of Saxifraga stolonifera leaf in the plasmolysis time when observed immersing them for 30 minutes either in 7% methanol or in 7% ethanol.
2. Toxicity of 7% n-propanol is higher than that of 7% methanol and 7% ethanol, but is lower than that of the other alcohols of 7%.
3. Limit concentrations of alcohols and cyclohexanol for death of the epidermis cell of the bulb of Allium cepa in immersion for 30minutes at 15°, were determined. The relation between the immersion time and limit concentrations in cases of methanol and of ethanol were also studied.
4. Cells of Allium cepa in plasmolysed condition had lower resisting power against alcohols than those in normal condition.
5. The toxicity of alcohols upon seed germination is different from that upon the epidermis of Allium cepa bulb and of Saxifraga stolonifera leaf. It is noteworthy that butanol is generally not harmful to seed germination, and that Dianthus superbus seed is resistant to amyl alcohol. Dilute ethanol and iso-propanol (0.1-0.5%) stimulate seed germination.