1963 Volume 76 Issue 895 Pages 32-39
1. The observations of the chromosome numbers and the karyotypes were carried out on five species, one variety of Pertya and Ainsliaea.
2. The taxonomic position of A. uniflora was considered karyotypically.
3. The basic chromosome numbers were found to be 13 and 14 in Pertya, 13 in Ainsliaea.
4. A karyological similarity was found between A. cordifolia and A. fragrans var. integrifolia.
5. All the members of the genus Pertya, excepting P. scandens and P. glabrescens have peculiar karyotypes which can be called Macroclinidium type.
6. There are some differences between the characteristics of the karyotype of Pertya and Ainsliaea.