1963 年 76 巻 905 号 p. 419-427
1) The chromosome numbers and karyotypes were studied in eight species, one variety, and two subspecies belonging to Subfamily Carduoideae (Compositae) of Japan.
2) The numbers of somatic chromosomes were counted in two species of Gnaphalium, two subspecies of Anaphalis, and one variety of Leontopodium for the first time.
3) The basic numbers of chromosomes were found to be 7 in Gnaphalium, and 14 in Anaphalis. Leontopodium has 13 chromosomes which are derived from 14.
4) All the members of the Gnaphaliineae studied, except G. japonicum, G. purpureum (4n) and L. hayachinense (8n), have diploid forms in the karyotype.
5) A karyological similarity was found between A. margaritacea subsp. angustior and A. margaritacea subsp. yedoensis, and between A. sinica and A. alpicola respectively.
6) The genera Gnaphalium, Anaphalis and Leontopodium were discussed from the karyotypical and plant geographical stand points.