1974 Volume 35 Issue 4 Pages 345-352
Portable truck weighing meter in which loading plate was supported by 4 strain pick-up columns, was designed. Compressive strain of each column was measured by means of seriesparallel combination bridge circuit of 16 strain gages.
The results were as follows;
1) Bridge output of each meter was 15% less than the expected value.
2) Linearity of the relation between load and bridge output was fairly good, the deviation being in the range of ±2% at 0-1, 000kg.
3) The allowable load is 2, 000kg in static, and 1, 000kg in travelling load.
The inadequate parts to be improved based on few years' experience were,
4) The connector should be attached inside of the apparatus to avoid breakage.
5) Considering the weight is 35kg, it will be easier to be carried by two man. But then the handles are better to be attached to the counter sides of the apparatus.
6) If the test tractor is larger than 50 PS, loading plate sige is desired to be 400mm×500mm at least.