2016 年 13 巻 1 号 p. 37-47
The purpose of this paper is to clarify the first and second Schneider cup ski competitions held in 1932 and 1933 and includes the following;
1. In 1930 Schneider came to Japan and his teaching impressed many people. On January third 1931 the Schneider-slope naming ceremony was held by members of the Nozawa-ski club. As a result the Schneider cup started in 1932.
2. The reason that the members of the Nozawa-ski club opened the combined downhill and slalom race at first was to receive Schneider's approval so that the ski club could make use of the competition for Alpine events.
3. The members of the Nozawa ski club and Goro Sakabe prepared Schneider's memorial race.
4. The members of the Nozawa ski club and a railroad propagated to get people to the competition-grounds in Nozawa.
5. In addition, women's ski racing started from the second Schneider cup games as Nagaoka's memorial competition.