1954 年 4 巻 1 号 p. 20-22
These were found not rarely according to my investigation.
(1) Those golfers suffering from the fracture of ribs were mostly the beginners who got the injuries during the time in less than 6 months or so after starting to play the game and their ages were extending from 39 years to 51 years and 7 months old.
(2) The fractures of ribs were found between 3rd and 9th rib. However, many cases of them were found mostly between the 4th and the 7th rib.
(3) The number of fractured bones were from 1 to 5, average 2.4 for each one.
I found the tendency of increasing number of more fractured bones from 3 to 5 for those who commenced the game at some 50 years old or thereabout comparing with that of young players.
(4) The parts of fracture were generally fixed at a certain place, that is; at left side back ribs and all of those sufferers were right handed men.
(5) The cause of breaking out of this fracture is presumed to come out from exhaustion of muscular strength of muscles attached to ribs.