1959 年 28 巻 4 号 p. 233-238
Sliding wear of composites made of 1) nylon 6 and S 55 C and 2) nylon 66 and S 55 C is investigated.
1) Relations of wear loss to contact pressure and frictional velocity are obtained. Under given wearing conditions, there is a critical point at which the wear loss increases abruptly, which phenomenon is common to nylon 6 and nylon 66.
2) Relations of this critical point to contact pressure and frictional velocity are expressed by straight lines which intersect at 10kg/cm2 pressure and 2.0m/sec velocity.
3) In durability test, wear loss of nylon 6 is less than that of nylon 66 at high pressure and low velocity; at low pressure and high velocity, the situation is reversed.
4) Wear of nylon incorporated with solid lubricant is found affected by the forming pressure.
5) Wear of nylon is mainly of molton wear.