1981 年 67 巻 8 号 p. 1255-1261
A four strand vertical bloom caster was started up at Ohgishima in April, 1979. The caster is producing 100000 metric tons per month of 400 mm × 520 mm blooms for seamless tubular products. New technology has been developed as follows:
(1) Automatic ladle pouring system with NKK rotary nozzle for labor saving and stabilization of cast products quality.
(2) Automatic mold level control system with NKK eddy-current mold level meter.
(3) Optimum rolling schedule of cast products.
(4) Improvement of the continuous-continuous casting operation technology.
(5) Improvement of qualities for cast products and rolling products.
The caster began charging unscarfed hot blooms into the rolling and billetting mill in July, 1979 for all of cast products.