1988 Volume 74 Issue 10 Pages 1916-1922
It is very important for reducing the fluctuation of sinter qualities to decrease the SiO2 variation of the fine are bed in sinter feed. In order to reduce the variation, a new bed monitoring system and an advanced bed stacker which controls the segregation of a stocked pile have been developed and applied to the actual plants.
The results obtained from these activities are as follows;
1) The SiO2 variation is very remarkable at the bed reclaiming stage between fine ore bed and sinter pallet.
2) The SiO2 variation can be estimated by the longitudinal and cross sectional bed model.
3) The SiO2 variation of bed cross section (σW) is about seven times as large as in logitudibal bed direction (σL), and is related with the variation of sinter (σS).
4) It is effective for reducing the variation to adopt the advanced bed stacker. The variation can be reduced to half compared with result of the conventional system.
5) About 3 to 5% of returned fine and 3 to 4 kg/t of coke consumption can be reduced by introducing both the new monitoring system and the advanced bed stacker.
6) The SiO2 variation of sinter (σS) can be reduced from 0.060.09 wt% to O.040.05 wt% by introducing this system.