1951 年 71 巻 2 号 p. 73-77
In order to examine the efficacy of helminthics, some resorcinol derivatives were synthesized.
(1) Hexylresorcinol dicarbamate, m.p. 181-182°.
(2) Hexylresorcinol dicarbethoxylate, oil.
(3) 6-Chloro-4-alkylresorcinols (where alkyl was: ethyl, propyl, butyl, amyl, isoamyl, hexyl, heptyl, octyl).
All of these chlorine derivatives, except the ethyl derivative, combined one molecule of water of crystallization to form stable crystals. As to the anthelmintic power of those derivatives, those with 5-8 carbons in their alkyl radical were the strongest, while irritation of mucous membrane was weaker that of hexylresorcinol in those with alkyl group of 6-8 carbons.
(4) 2, 6-Dichloro-4-alkylresorcinols (alkyl: hexyl, isoamyl, amyl) showed neither irritant properties nor anthelmintic action.
(5) 6-Bromo-4-alkylresorcinols had very weak anthelmintic action.