Journal of the Japan Veterinary Medical Association
Online ISSN : 2186-0211
Print ISSN : 0446-6454
ISSN-L : 0446-6454
Volume 23 , Issue 7
Showing 1-5 articles out of 5 articles from the selected issue
  • [in Japanese]
    1970 Volume 23 Issue 7 Pages 417-425
    Published: July 20, 1970
    Released: June 17, 2011
    JOURNALS FREE ACCESS
    Download PDF (1657K)
  • J. KUWABARA, T. HARA, C. IWATA, J. AKAGISHI, H. ISHIWARA
    1970 Volume 23 Issue 7 Pages 425-428
    Published: July 20, 1970
    Released: June 17, 2011
    JOURNALS FREE ACCESS
    An adult male Spitz dog weighing 16kg was diagnosed as a case of complication of tricuspid insufficiency and pulmonary stenosis on the basis of clinical and hematological examinations, cardioangiography, electro cardiography, and phonocardiography. The autopsy findings on the dog lent support to this diagnosis, indicating that these means are rather highly reliable in making diagnosis.
    Download PDF (8120K)
  • N. KORI, I. DOTA
    1970 Volume 23 Issue 7 Pages 431-433
    Published: July 20, 1970
    Released: June 17, 2011
    JOURNALS FREE ACCESS
    Four pigs were found to be infected with Salmonella choleraesuis, which had been detected quite rarely in Japan, in the municipal slaughterhouses in Osaka over a half-year period ending in May, 1969. When the fresh carcases of these pigs were allowed to stand at 25-30°C for 24-48hours, salmonellae propagated from 102/g to 106×107/g. Nevertheless, the carcases looked very fresh at the end of this period.
    Download PDF (506K)
  • S. NAKAMA, H. MATSUMOTO, T. IMORI
    1970 Volume 23 Issue 7 Pages 433-441
    Published: July 20, 1970
    Released: June 17, 2011
    JOURNALS FREE ACCESS
    Clinical observation and treatment of bovine arthritis were conducted on 30 joints of 25 Holstein-Friesian cows. Synovial effusion was obtained. from 23 affected joints and examined bacteriologically. For experimental infection, inoculations of bacteria into the joint areas were carried out in two cows. These results were summarized as follows: 1. Of the joints observed, the hock was infected most frequently (53%). It was followed by the carpal joint (30%) and the fetlock and those below it (17%).
    2. Fifteen cows (60%) showed systemic symptoms, such as high temperature (about 40°C), anorexia, depression, and decreased milk yield. The remainder (40%)-presented only local symptoms on their extremities.
    3. After treatment, local or systemic, 73% was recovered, 7% relapsed, and 24% was given up.
    4.Corynebacterium pyogenesalone was detected from 11 joints (48%). Mixed infection with corynebacteria and others (Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, Escherichia coli, and Proteus) was considered in 3 joints. No bacteria were found in 7 joints.
    5. When bacteria (Corynebacterium pyogenes, Streptococcus, and Staphylococcus) were inoculated into the joint areas of two cows, arthritis was induced at all events. Of those bacteria, corynebacteria caused the most serious symptom. They were recovered from each case of experimentally induced arthritis.
    Download PDF (8300K)
  • [in Japanese]
    1970 Volume 23 Issue 7 Pages 441-443
    Published: July 20, 1970
    Released: June 17, 2011
    JOURNALS FREE ACCESS
    Download PDF (2639K)
feedback
Top