1. By zymograms of the polyacrilamide-gel electrophoresis, the new two zones, Af and Cs-zones were recognized in addition to the same three zones as A, B and C-zones which were reported by Rendel et al
2. The frequencies of appearance of alkaline phosphatase Af, A, B, C and Cs were as follows:
(1)Af-zone was recognized in adult sheep only. The frequencies of appearance of Af-zone in a few populations were 0-40%, and a slight difference due to breeds was observed.
(2) A and C-zones were observed in all kinds of sheep.
(3) The frequencies of appearance of B-zone were about 80%.
(4) Cs-zone was rarely observed in adult sheep only.
3. The intensities of A and B-zones in lamb were much stronger than those in adult sheep. Also, that of C-zone in lamb was much weaker than that in adult sheep.
type is dominant to B-
5. The symbols of the dominant and the recessive genes of phosphatase were named APase B and APase b, respectively.
View full abstract