The results of an electropholetical study on 15 healthy newborns, with Tiselius' apparatus (Type HT-B, Hitachi made) are as follows:
Pooled plasma were dialyzed for 16-20 hours, before electrophoresis, against 1/20M phosphate buffer. Experimental conditions were were as follows: electric voltage 90-130V., electric current 7.5-11mA., time 45-70 minutes, temperature at 3-16°C., Diagonal-slit angle 25°.
When compared with children,
1) total protein showed remarkable decrease,
2) albumin little or no decrease,
3) globulin remarkable decrease,
4) α-globulin remarkable decrease,
5) β-globulin remarkable decrease,
6) γ-globulin little decrease or nothing,
7) fibrinogen decrease,
8) A/G, increase,
9) α-G/A, decrease,
10) γ-G/A and γ-G/T. P. showed no remarkable differences.