Journal of Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis
Online ISSN : 1880-3873
Print ISSN : 1340-3478
ISSN-L : 1340-3478
Original Article
Wire Passages of 0.035-inch Looped Wire Technique for Femoropopliteal Long Total Occlusions
Daizo KawasakiOsamu IidaMasashi FukunagaMasaaki KatoNobukazu Ohkubo
著者情報
ジャーナル フリー

2015 年 22 巻 10 号 p. 1071-1079

詳細
抄録

Aim: Although it is understood that a looped wire technique using a 0.035-inch wire for femoropopliteal (FP) long chronic total occlusions (CTOs) goes to the subintima, there has been no systematic assessment of wire passages. The purpose of this study is to examine these passages by intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) after looped wire technique for FP long CTOs.
Methods: Between March 2012 and October 2014, 57 consecutive FP long CTO lesions (mean lesion length, 246±42 mm), involving the superficial femoral artery ostium and treated with IVUS-guided endovascular therapy, were enrolled. After IVUS confirmed that the initial wire passage was intraplaque, the looped wire technique was routinely conducted through the CTO body. Based on IVUS findings, the wire passage was classified into 3 types: intraplaque, subintimal, and intramedia.
Results: At the FP lesion in the proximal, middle, and distal segments, the wire proceeded intraplaque in 98%, 25%, and 20% cases; subintimal in 2%, 61%, and 52%; and intramedia in 0%, 14%, and 28%, respectively. The success rate of antegrade wiring was 74%, with the remaining 26% cases requiring an additional retrograde approach.
Conclusions: The looped wire technique variably proceeds to intraplaque, subintimal, or intramedia, even starting from intraplaque in FP long CTOs.

著者関連情報

この記事はクリエイティブ・コモンズ [表示 - 非営利 - 継承 4.0 国際]ライセンスの下に提供されています。
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/deed.ja
前の記事 次の記事
feedback
Top