1981 年 30 巻 3 号 p. 217-221
1. Introduction: With the increased use of external spinal dura mater injections re suiting disturbances are not uncommon.
2. Case Study: H. S. 45 years farm woman
3. Current History: In March 1977 while engaged in light work the patient underwent daily traction and received injections in the hips daily wiht external spinal dura mater injections once a week. In the 4th week directly after the block, paralysis of the lower half of her body occurred. After 10 consecutive weeks of external spianl dura mater injections the patient was completely paralyzed from the neck down. After 82 days in the hospital during which her condition continued only to worsen the patient lost faith in her doctor and requested discharge from the hospital.
4. Diagnostic Observations: 1st examination June 1, 1978 Sensory paralysis from L 1-2 down. Motor insufficiency paralysis, complete inability to bend forward with the lumber vertebra, inability to put on own pants or trousers, trouble walikng.
5. Acupuncture-moxibustion therapy:
Acunpuncture: Stationary insertion and electrical stimulation between SP-12 and KI-3, and GB-30 and BL-49.
Moxibustion: 5 half rice grain sized cones of moxa administered daily at acupuncture points and CV-6, BL-25, BL-32 and ST-36.
Objects: 55 patients suffering from variouus complaints of the nose, ear and throat.
Method: Every patient was given not only local and general acunpuncture treatment, but also treatment for stiffness in the shoulders an dthe nape.
Results: It was very effective in such cases as auricle obstruction otalgia and facial palsy. On the contrary, it was not effective for nasal discharge and hyposmia.
Conclusion: Without exception, all of patients complained of a sensation of stiffness in the shoulders and the nape. These observations suggest that stiffness in the shoulders and the nape leads to auricle obstruction and otalgia. Therefore, it may be very important to remove stiffness in the shoulders and the nape. From these studies, it is clear that acupuncture is very effective against auricle obstruction and otalgia.