What is J-STAGE?
J-STAGE is an electronic journal platform for science and technology information in Japan, developed and managed by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). J-STAGE aims to accelerate the speed of communication and ensure the internationalization of the science and technology information published in Japan. By providing an online publication platform, J-STAGE supports Japanese societies and research organizations, and has published more than 3,000 journals, conference proceedings and other academic publications with high speeds at low costs.
J-STAGE offers support to publishers in the form of the entire publication process, from submission and peer-review process to publishing. J-STAGE users can also access and create their own libraries of information anytime and anywhere with the assistance of J-STAGE. These libraries can be used on multiple devices.
Publications on J-STAGE are categorized as following:
- Research Report/Technical Report
Publications on J-STAGE has a wide variety of academic fields.
- Basic Sciences
- Mathematics / Physics / Chemistry / Earth Sciences and Astronomy
- Life Sciences
- Biology, Life Sciences and Basic Medicine / Agriculture and Food Sciences
- Medical and Health Sciences
- General Medicine, Social Medicine, and Nursing Sciences / Clinical Medicine / Dentistry / Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Engineering in General / Nanosciences and Materials Sciences / Architecture and Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Interdisciplinary Sciences
- Information Sciences / Environmental Sciences / Interdisciplinary Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Philosophy, Religion / Literature, Language & Linguistics and Art / Anthropology, History and Geography / Law, Political Sciences / Economics, Business & Management / Sociology / Psychology, Education
Promotion of open access
J-STAGE promotes "open access", which consists of (1) free access to articles and (2) specifying the scope of reuse like modification or redistribution. Over 90% of articles on J-STAGE are free to read. Articles displaying a CC license can be reused under the terms of the license.
Please see Creative Commons website (external link) for more information about CC license.