What is J-STAGE?
J-STAGE is a platform for scholarly publications in Japan. It is developed and managed by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). JST launched J-STAGE with the aim to:
- rapidly circulate research in science, technology, humanities and social sciences in Japan.
- strengthen the international dissemination of information from Japan to the rest of the world.
- promote the publication of open access content from Japan's academic societies and research organizations.
What are the benefits of using J-STAGE?
- Online access to more than 3,200 journals, conference proceedings, and other academic publications from more than 1,800 publishers in Japan.
- Quick and easy browsing from anywhere in the world on your desktop, tablet or smartphone.
- Convenient and free registration for My J-STAGE, enabling you to save frequently used search queries and set alerts for the latest articles and information.
Publications on J-STAGE are categorized as follows:
- Titles whose main articles are original papers, which are published for the purpose of widely circulating research results and technological developments to researchers and practitioners as a basis for future research.
- Compilations of summaries of research presentations, such as those made at research conferences, meetings, symposia and seminars held by academic societies, universities or companies.
- Research report/Technical report
- Reports published for the purpose of widely circulating research results, technological developments, interim survey results, or the results of activities of specific organizations to researchers and practitioners in the relevant field.
- Collections of articles describing practical knowledge, technology or products that are published for the purpose of widely disseminating information about trends and applications to researchers and practitioners in the relevant field. This category includes industry news magazines that promote the understanding of science and technology to the public.
- Titles that do not fit into any other category. Examples include survey materials and statistical materials.
Titles on J-STAGE cover a wide variety of academic fields, from natural sciences to humanities, social sciences, and interdisciplinary areas.
- Basic Sciences
- Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry; Earth Sciences and Astronomy
- Life Sciences
- Biology; Life Sciences and Basic Medicine; Agriculture and Food Science
- Medical and Health Sciences
- General Medicine, Social Medicine and Nursing Sciences; Clinical Medicine; Dentistry; Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Engineering in General; Nanoscience and Materials Science; Architecture and Civil Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Interdisciplinary Sciences
- Information Sciences; Environmental Sciences; Interdisciplinary Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Philosophy and Religion; Literature, Language, Linguistics and Art; Anthropology, History, and Geography; Law and Political Sciences; Economics, Business and Management; Sociology; Psychology and Education
Promotion of open access
J-STAGE promotes open access, which (1) provides free access to articles and (2) specifies the conditions of reuse including modification or redistribution. Over 90% of articles on J-STAGE are free to read. Open-access articles display a Creative Commons (CC) license and can be reused under the terms of the license.
|CC license on an article page||CC license on an article PDF|
For more information about CC licenses, please see the website of Creative Commons (external site).