In order to clarify the influence of indoor temperature and humidity on the change in skin moisture content in daily life, skin moisture content of students engaging in sedentary works in a standard room in a university were measured along with the temperature and humidity of the room where the involving students were staying, from autumn to winter for two years.
1) In the first year survey, the skin moisture content was measured for one subject. It was indicated from the 80% of the whole data that the fluctuation of the skin moisture content changed following the fluctuation of the indoor absolute humidity. Further, for the other 20% of data, it was possible to explain their behavior by spontaneous activities by the subjects and the outdoor climate such as rainfall or humidity trend. In addition, the correlation between skin moisture content and indoor temperature-humidity was studied, and it was shown that the absolute humidity showed the highest positive correlation among the indoor air temperature, relative humidity and absolute humidity.
2) In the second year survey, the skin moisture content was measured for seven subject including one subject who attended the first year survey. As the result, it was shown that the indoor hygrothermal parameters (air temperature, relative humidity, absolute humidity) positively correlated with the skin moisture content and that the correlation coefficient with absolute humidity was the highest among the three parameters. At the same time, it was found that the daily fluctuation of skin moisture content followed the fluctuation of indoor absolute humidity, and this trend was common to all subjects.
3) From the results for subject who was involved in the surveys for both years, the relationship between skin moisture content and indoor absolute humidity was found to be consistent.
4) From the results of these investigations, it was shown that in ordinary daily life, the indoor absolute humidity has the stronger influence on the skin moisture content than indoor air temperature and relative humidity.