1976 年 15 巻 2 号 p. 83-96
The multinucleated giant cells (MNGC) were revie wed from various viewpoint and were examined cyto diagnostic significance.
1. The definition of MNGC give normal cells-me gakaryocytes, osteoclasts, placental syncytial cells-, and above two nuclei and over twice as large as normal cells.
2. The formation of MNGC were classified into two groups of syncytium-the fusion of the cells-, and plasmodium-ivision of the nuclei without cyto plasmic division.
3. The etiologic classification of MNGC were as follows: In normal tissue, the physiologic MNGC revealed the above cells.The pathologic MNGC origi nated in various conditions-infectious granulation, metabolic and neoplastic lesions.
4. The histologic classification were as follows: The epithelial MNGC were included placental syncytial cells, virus infected cells and neoplastic cells. And the others nonepithelial origin were found of histiocytes (macrophages), mesothelial, blood component and other mesencymal cells of numerous conditionsforeign body giant cells, Langhans', Sternberg's giant cell, et al.
5. The relation between various lesions of MNGC, and diagnostic value of MNGC were differe from diseases. Specially, Langhans'cells, herpes infected cells, foreign body giant cells, and a few neoplastic cells were diagnostic value. Mostly neoplastic MNGC were nonspecific anaplastic atypical features.
6. It is difficult that the cytologic identification of MNGC were differ from various giant cells. There fore, it is necessary that differentiation of allid MNGC is with reference to histopathologic, clinical features and laboratory data colectively.