1970 Volume 39 Issue 2 Pages 193-201
These studies were carried out to obtain some informations on the mode of action of a selective herbicide, CMMP (solan) for tomato, carrot and japanese honewort.
1. It was appeared that both of chlorophyll and light are necessary for exhibiting herbicidal activity of CMMP.
And in such a case of either chlorophyll or light was excepted, the herbicidal activity did not recognized quitely.
2. Inhibition for biosynthesis of chlorophyll and anthacyan was remarkable for the CMMP susceptible plant, but no influence was gaved for the CMMP resistant plant.
3. The selective inhibition for the above biosynthesis was investigated whether has relation with the difference of penetration in plants. In consequence, both of CMMP susceptible and resistant plants, penetrating CMMP increased day by day regardless of kinds of plant.
4. The reaction of CMMP with chloroplast was recognized apparently on all of CMMP susceptible and resistant plants. And the reaction CM MP with chloroplast increased as adding chloroplast in reaction solution increased.
5. The reaction of CMMP with chloroplast proceeded immediately after added those in reaction solution.