1952 Volume 18 Issue 5-6 Pages 131-135,A14
1. Monthly incidence of Artificial Abortion in Nagano Prefecture amounted 1, 900 which figure represents 10-12 cases per month per l, 000 population. This corresponds to every third pregnant woman undergoing the operation.
2. Ratio of still-birth including total cases of artificial abortion based on the Eugenic Protection Law has been strikingly high. In Nagano Prefecture it was 145.3 per 1, 000 birth in 1949; 277.1 in 1950; and as high as 410.4 in August 1951.
3. Decrease in 1950 of birth rate in Nagano Prefecture is regarded mostly due to artificial abortion.
4. List of disorders notified as the respective reason of artificial abortion is headed by pregnancy toxicosis with marked annual increase. Tuberulosis and other diseases are on the decrease.
5. So-called early interruption within three months of pregnancy is steadily increasing.
6. Interruption in younger women is also increasing, although still below the national average.
7. Of the applied techniques, curettage increased to preponderance, i. e. 75.5% while the Aburel's procedure decreased to 3.7 S. a half as compared with the figure of the prevous period.