Journal of the Japan Veterinary Medical Association
Online ISSN : 2186-0211
Print ISSN : 0446-6454
ISSN-L : 0446-6454
Serotype and Drug Susceptibility of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae Isolated from the Nasal Cavities of Clinically Healthy Pigs
HIROSHI AMANONORIKAZU KAJIOMASATOSHI SHIBATAMAMORU TSUCHIYAKOUJI OHMURAFUMITOSHI SAKANOMASATOSHI HASEGAWAWATARU HORITAKESHI MORI
Author information
JOURNALS FREE ACCESS

1989 Volume 42 Issue 3 Pages 179-183

Details
Abstract

Isolation of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae was achieved from the nasal cavities of clinically healthy slaughtered pigs raised on nine farms located in Shizuoka Prefecture, and serotype and drug susceptibility of the isolates were examined.
1) In total, 85 strains were isolated from the nasal cavities of 196 slaughtered pigs. Antiserotype 2 antibodies were detected in 137 (70%) by the complement-fixation (CF) test. About 68% of the pigs had pleuropneumonia.
2) The organisms were isolated from the nasal cavities of 35% to 100% of pigs in varying ages on nine farms. CF antibodies againt serotype 2 could be detected in many pigs over 80 days old.
3) Ninety-three (92%) of 101 isolates belonged to serovar 2, whereas the remaining eith (8%) isolates were serovar 5. Fourteen of 21 isolates were resistant to KM, SM, SDM, TS, TIM and TP.

Information related to the author
© Japan Veterinary Medical Association
Previous article Next article
feedback
Top