1990 年 10 巻 1 号 p. 51-55
The author intends to summarize here the present situation and future outlook of remote sensing data analysis with personal computer. With the rapid progress of the hardware and software and its price down, remote sensing data analysis system with personal computer has been practiced very often lately. High speed memory large enough to hold all information required, and easy operation language specially contribute to the construction of powerful data analysis system.
The Remote Sensing Society of Japan has conducted the Training Course of Remote Sensing Data Analysis using personal computer three times in Tokyo and one time in Hiroshima. These activities are introduced first. Next, present situation of hardware and software for personal system design is explained. Finally, I mentioned the next generation of personal computer system for remote sensing analysis. It is predicted that the personal computer utilization for this field will become still more popularized.
This special issue includes nine articles which introduce the present practice of remote sensing data analysis using personal computer in the following fields and subjects ;
1) Oceanography : NOAA/APT based monitoring of the Kuroshio.
2) Oceanography : Analysis of sea surface current and topography.
3) Meteorology : Typhoon and convective analysis.
4) Forestry : Forest-land type classification.
5) Agriculture : Air pollutant absorbed by agricultural land.
6) Environment : Environmental monitoring from satellite image.
7) Geography : A few examples of studies.
8) Construction : A practical application.
9) System : A system development with local area network.