1978 年 17 巻 3 号 p. 310-316
Cytodiagnosis of pulmonary sclerosing hemangiomaseems to be very difficult. Purpose of the present paperwas to establish the cytological diagnostic criteria ofpulmonary sclerosing hemangioma. Morphological features of the disease were studied by using smears obtainedby needle biopsies and imprinted materials of resectedtumors. A comparative study with histological sectionswas performed.
Cytological characteristics of sclerosing hemangiomawere summarized as follows:
1. Four-types of cells were differentiated in smears;
1) Endothelial-like cells showing single or doubleribbon-like arrangements.
2) Slightly large mesenchymal cells having dense orcoarse chromatin and light cytoplasm.
3) Single or several loosely grouped mesenchymal cells.
4) Foamy cells and histiocytes.
2. Mesenchymal cells reveals sometimes slight nuclearatypism.
It was concluded that pulmonary sclerosing hemangiomacould be diagnosed by differentiation of cells of four typesin the smears obtained by needle biopsy or tumor imprintbefore and during operation.