Journal of Veterinary Medical Science
Online ISSN : 1347-7439
Print ISSN : 0916-7250
ISSN-L : 0916-7250
Internal Medicine
Accidental afloqualone intoxication in two dogs
Jin-Ok AHNWon-Joung JAUNGSang-Heum WONMin-Ok RYUWoo-Jin SONGKee-Ok JEONJin-Young CHUNGHwa-Young YOUN
Author information
JOURNALS FREE ACCESS

2018 Volume 80 Issue 1 Pages 152-155

Details
Abstract

Two dogs presented to the emergency service after accidental ingestion of afloqualone tablets, a muscle relaxant used for back pain in humans. Toxic effects of the drug in these dogs included vomiting, respiratory depression, seizures, ataxia, bradycardia, and hematuria. Treatment consisted of fluid diuresis, furosemide, and propofol. Flumazenil, a gamma-amino butyric acid antagonist, was administered intravenously; however, it was not effective in stopping the seizures in these dogs. Both dogs recovered with supportive treatment. To the authors’ knowledge, this is the first documented report of afloqualone intoxication in dogs.

Information related to the author

この記事はクリエイティブ・コモンズ [表示 - 非営利 - 改変禁止 4.0 国際]ライセンスの下に提供されています。
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/deed.ja
Previous article Next article
feedback
Top