In this paper, we are targeting on reinforcement works which has serious influence on the quality of the superstructure from among various kinds of construction work, focusing on information necessary for the building process from design to construction. We clarified the issue for utilize information on reinforcing work by Field survey and analysis. As a result of this, we will summarize basic knowledge on new methods of management of production information utilizing ICT.
We investigated the workflow of the reinforcing bar bending factory, interviewed the rebar sub-contractors and observed the reinforcing work on the construction site; therefore, we grasp of the production information in the reinforcing work in detail. In addition, we investigated where ICT is used in the flow of information. As a result, the following knowledge was obtained.
1) Production process can be categorized into four types, "drafting", "bar bending", "placing of rebar", "inspection".
2) Information on the management items "drafting" and "inspection" is obtained from the structure drawing and the construction drawing. Because their information is an element unit.
3) Management items of "bar bending" and "placing of bar" obtain information from "bending schedule" and "bending instruction tag". Because their information corresponds to materials.
4) The digital information of the rebar bending process is used to create of "reinforce drawing", "bending schedule", "bending instruction tag", and it is applied to progress management and inspection in the reinforcing bar bending factory. Among them, software that creates "bending instruction tag" is developed by reinforcing bar bending factory himself.
In addition to hearing within the reinforcing bar bending factory, interviews to a foreman of reinforcement works in the construction site were conducted twice and process analysis was performed. As a result, the following knowledge was obtained.
1) Inside the reinforcing bar bending factory, workers are himself conduct sampling inspection of bending reinforcing bars. The confirmation items at that time are the information on the dimensions stated in "bending instruction tag".
2) After bending work at the factory, "bending instruction tag" is used until distribution to work place on site. At the placing of bar used information of "reinforce drawing", and for final inspection "structure drawing" is used.
3) The sub-contractor of the reinforcing bar performs the self-check during the placing of bar. A general contractor will inspect after the placing of bar is completed.
We clarified the following contents from the investigation of the actual situation of the whole process of reinforcement works and workflow analysis.
1) In reinforcement work information for connecting design and construction, the bend and check information is intensive on "bend command tag". The information described in the "structural diagram" is referred to in the creation of "construction drawing", "reinforce drawing" and "bending schedule", but bar bending, transportation, distribution and placing of bar bending Information of instruction tag is used.
2) Since the information to be referred to changes during the process, it has the risk of mistakes in converting information.
The workflow of the reinforcement work was partially optimized because the work was divided finely. Therefore, a mechanism for preventing a mistake of work between each work was not constructed. From now on, we think that the division of responsibility and roles in the production process in rebar work progresses more. In order to overcome the situation, it is possible to improve "productivity" by proceeding with "visualization" and "sharing" of information on bending processing and arranging muscle, and by not sending defective products to the subsequent process, and using ICT and BIM are important.