1988 年 21 巻 1 号 p. 21-30
The present was carried out to investigate the effect of diet composition on the changes of physique due to weight reduction of Judoist. Twelve active Judoists were used as the subjects. They were divided into four groups; protein diet supplemented with branched-chain amino acid (BCAA), protein diet (P), carbohydrate diet (C) and usual diet (UD) groups. The diets of three groups except UD group supplied 500kcal/day. Water was given adlibitum.
The results obtained were as follows
1) The decrement of body weight due to 1 week weight reduction were 6.01+2.07%,6.29+1.13% and 6.34+1.40 in BCAA, P and C groups, respectively. There were no significant differences among three weight reduction groups. The decrements of body weight in all weight reduction groups (n=9) were 6.21+1.38%, on average.
2) Water intakes per day were 3372±504ml,3100±104ml,2276+517ml and 2611±1468ml in BCAA, P, C and UD groups, respectively.
3) On average, the decrements of girth of upper arm, breast, abdomen and thigh were ordered as C>P> BCAA, C> BCAA >P, BCAA > P > C and BCAA >P> C groups, respectively.
4) The skinfold thickness in upper arm, subscapular and abdominal parts significantly decreased in all weight reduction groups after weight reduction. The larger decrement of skinfold thickness was found in abdominal part than in other two parts.
5) Triglyceride (TG) significantly decreased on the 4th day in all weight reduction groups. Free fatty acid (FFA), on the other hand, significantly increased on the 4th day in all weight reduction groups. After that, FFA in BCAA and P groups showed the tendency of decrease but in C group showed the tendency of increase. Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) increased on the 4th day in BCAA and P groups, and then decreased on the 7th day. BUN in C and UD groups did not change during weight reduction period.