Oral Medicine & Pathology
Online ISSN : 1882-1537
Print ISSN : 1342-0984
ISSN-L : 1342-0984
Epidemiological Study of Jaw Cysts among a Part of the Belgian Population
Nabil KochajiMiriam Pipeleers-MarichalAnnieta GoossensGeorge WackensPeter Bottenberg
キーワード: jaw cyst, epidemiology, Belgium
ジャーナル フリー

2003 年 8 巻 3 号 p. 71-73


Patients suffering from jaw cysts treated in the department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Hospital of the Free University of Brussels during the period 1982 -1997 were studied. The pathological reports of these cases were analyzed with regard to age, sex, anatomical distribution and diagnosis. About 40% of jaw cysts occurred in patients aged 20 to 49 years, and the male to female ratio was 2:1. Of the 203 cases, 121 (60%) were located in the maxilla, the remaining 82 (40%) in the mandible. Radicular cysts were by far the most common type of cysts (78%) followed by dentigerous cysts (11%), odontogenic keratocysts (7%) and fissural cysts (4%).

© 2003 The Japanese Society of Oral Pathology
前の記事 次の記事