This paper aimed to clarify the process of moving into rental housing for the elderly and the effect of living environment after relocation. To make clear these point, the interviews was repeated several times, from 2008 to 2009, in two rental housing for the elderly.
Consequently it was shown that
1. Many of the motivation for moving was a vague sense of unease felt in old age. And changes in circumstances to feel anxiety were diverse and complex.
2. Many elderly people moved to the housing without obtaining the property information by themselves.
3. The degree of involvement of the elderly for moving was divided into three from the relationship with children.
4. Circumstances leading to the housing was divided into eight types from the relation between psychological transition and active involvement of the elderly on the move.
5. The elderly who have moved aggressively were easy to maintain the living environment of the past. On the other hand, the elderly who have moved negatively did not get used to the new living environment.